- SDGs Initiatives
Creating a caring society where people and people can coexist and prosper
- Advances in science and technology have weakened human relationships, and the corona wreck is accelerating it.I feel like I'm losing compassion for others and things other than myself.There are many sad cases where you can hurt your parents or your child with harmlessness or harm others.I came across the SDGs when I thought that it would be of great significance for local SMEs to tackle this big issue that could be called an international problem.I feel that the spirit of the SDGs, which focuses on each and every person in a vulnerable position, is in line with our management philosophy of "creating people, creating people, and creating moisture." We are thinking of efforts to work together organically and help each other.
What is SDGs?
- SDGs (S. Dee Geese) is an abbreviation of "Sustainable Development Goals".
From September 2015, at the “UN Sustainable Development Summit” held at the UN Headquarters in New York, “20160 2030” described in the “2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development” adopted by UN member states It is about "international goal up to the year".
With the aim of ensuring that everyone enjoys peace and affluence, it is made up of "17 global goals" and "169 targets (achievement criteria)", and no one on earth is left behind ("leave no one behind" ") I swear.
OKAYAMA VIEW HOTEL agrees with this "Sustainable Development Goals" advocated by the United Nations, and believes that it is important to develop business for "realization of a sustainable society".
Based on the characteristics of our business, our company extracts issues to be tackled from the goals of SDGs, and works with our staff, business partners and locals to solve them, considering what we can do inside and outside the company We will work on
OKAYAMA VIEW HOTEL SDGs
- OKAYAMA VIEW HOTEL has set "Okayama Revitalization Support Business" as a business domain and is promoting efforts to improve the attractiveness of the city of Okayama.We believe that inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable cities and human settlements can be achieved by achieving the following goals in combination.Our goal is to make Okayama, our hometown, a liveable and lively city.
- Children's loneliness is serious in the modern society where nuclear families, single assignments, and double-income families are advancing.In cooperation with YMCA near the hotel, we gather children from the area who have such loneliness and regularly hold "Hidamari-Nu Kodomo Shokudo" at the restaurant in this facility.The food prepared by the hotel chef, who cannot be eaten on a daily basis, is fresh and popular with children.It is said that it is unprecedented nationwide to host a hotel and it is difficult to continue, but the holding fund is also a sustainable business that uses a part of the sales of crowdfunding and souvenirs. I'm building a model.
- ●Measures for food loss
Many food losses are generated at hotels such as banquets and breakfast buffets. Therefore, we are making efforts to minimize it.
For example, a morning and afternoon buffet. Not a full buffet, the main buffet is a half buffet style that is made after being ordered. We use ingredients such as rice, miso soup, and salad that are not lost in a buffet. The food loss other than the food left by the customer is almost zero by this.
●Call for eco-cleaning for consecutive guests
For guests staying in a row, we ask you to skip the replacement of sheets and linens if you wish. As a result, it is possible to contribute to the environment by suppressing the use of organic detergents, etc. generated during cleaning.
Disposal of restaurant chopsticks, cardboard and waste oil used in our hotel, plastic bottles and aluminum cans used by customers are separated and collected by recycling companies.
By these efforts
We received commendation from Okayama City as 2012 Okayama City business system waste reduction, resources promotion promotion excellent company.
●Development of Okayama game game
Many birds and beasts have been damaged in Okayama Prefecture, and recently, not only damage to cultivated land but also humans has become more and more serious.The captured deer and wild boar are discarded, but we are promoting their reuse.We have been working on joint menu development with Taeko's Kitchen School Taeko Nakagawa, who gave a lecture on Obiyama cuisine in Obiyama at the World Environment Summit in SDGs in August of this year, following the GIVEER event held in February 2020.It conveys the deliciousness of Okayama Jibie and at the same time contributes to ensuring a sustainable consumption production form.
●Art creation with broken tatami mats
Kurashiki collaboration with Takada Textile Co., Ltd., a tatami rim maker located in Kojima, Kurashiki City, we provided the company's tatami rim breakage material and made it an art to decorate rooms and corridors.By making the best use of what we throw away, we have made it possible for customers to experience Okayama's special products.(Exhibited in guest rooms and corridors on the 9th floor)
- ●"Okayama Shokukatsu"Okayama Shokukatsu up with local food producers
We will tie up with Okayama producers and introduce delicious Okayama ingredients to hotel guests from all over the country.We call this “Okayama Shokukatsu, ” which Okayama Shokukatsu us an opportunity to learn about the goodness and deliciousness of Okayama.In June 2020, we launched a crowdfunding project in collaboration with Tomori Sake Brewery, a sake brewery in the prefecture, and raised funds to use it as operating funds for the "Kids dining room".
●Collaboration with the community by selling souvenirs
From 2020, we started selling original souvenirs for our customers.We have jointly developed original souvenirs that remind us of Okayama with social welfare corporations and employment continuity support facilities so that customers who come by car do not have to go to train stations and airports.Part of this proceeds is also used to fund the children's cafeteria.
- ●Supporting rehabilitation of mothers who are raising children through short-term employment
I am working in a short time for my mom who is raising children and wants to return to work. This gives them confidence in their work. If there is further hope, we will be promoted to regular employees. The hotel is registered as an Okayama child-rearing support company in Okayama Prefecture.
●Active employment of elderly people such as retired employees
It is also open to healthy elderly people with extensive social experience. He leads the young staff with the experience and knowledge he has gained so far in the parking lot reception and the maintenance of the facility.
●Promote staff motivation, including an in-house commendation system
Our company has a wide range of staff from 18 to 80 years old and is a family-like company. Among them, we have commended a few staff who worked hard. In addition, we have established various follow-up systems such as an in-house training system, participation in conventions, visits to excellent stores, subsidies up to ¥ 500,000 for hospitalization, and a family anniversary system.
- Practicing SDGs by holding regular in-house study sessions and bottom-upOur company holds in-house study sessions and Tokume morning assembly using teaching materials to foster the four powers required for work: human power, gratitude, work power, and thinking power.In this way, we aim to improve services by promoting basic knowledge and self-growth not only as a hotel man but also as a member of society.In addition, we invite outside lecturers once a month to check and advise on SDGs initiatives, which not only spreads SDGs within the company, but also evolves into a bottom-up company-wide business. ..