- SDGs Initiatives
Creating a caring society where people and people can coexist and prosper
- Advances in science and technology have weakened human relationships, and the corona wreck is accelerating it.I feel like I'm losing compassion for others and things other than myself.There are many sad cases where you can hurt your parents or your child with harmlessness or harm others.I came across the SDGs when I thought that it would be of great significance for local SMEs to tackle this big issue that could be called an international problem.I feel that the spirit of the SDGs, which focuses on each and every person in a vulnerable position, is in line with our management philosophy of "creating people, creating people, and creating moisture." We are thinking of efforts to work together organically and help each other.
What is SDGs?
- SDGs (S. Dee Geese) is an abbreviation of "Sustainable Development Goals".
From September 2015, at the “UN Sustainable Development Summit” held at the UN Headquarters in New York, “20160 2030” described in the “2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development” adopted by UN member states It is about "international goal up to the year".
With the aim of ensuring that everyone enjoys peace and affluence, it is made up of "17 global goals" and "169 targets (achievement criteria)", and no one on earth is left behind ("leave no one behind" ") I swear.
OKAYAMA VIEW HOTEL agrees with this "Sustainable Development Goals" advocated by the United Nations, and believes that it is important to develop business for "realization of a sustainable society".
Based on the characteristics of our business, our company extracts issues to be tackled from the goals of SDGs, and works with our staff, business partners and locals to solve them, considering what we can do inside and outside the company We will work on
OKAYAMA VIEW HOTEL SDGs
- OKAYAMA VIEW HOTEL has set "Okayama Revitalization Support Business" as a business domain and is promoting efforts to improve the attractiveness of the city of Okayama.We believe that inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable cities and human settlements can be achieved by achieving the following goals in combination.Our goal is to make Okayama, our hometown, a liveable and lively city.
- Children's loneliness is serious in the modern society where nuclear families, single assignments, and double-income families are advancing.
In addition, the corona sickness puts a heavy burden on families raising children and has become a social problem.In order to become a supporter for child-rearing families in a modern society where one in seven children is said to be poor, we regularly hold "Kodomo Shokudo" and "Meals and Workshops for Single Parents". ..The food prepared by the hotel chef, who cannot be eaten on a daily basis, is fresh and popular with children.It is said that it is unprecedented nationwide to host a hotel sponsorship, and it is difficult to continue, but we will use the holding funds to build a sustainable business model by using a part of the sales of our ethical products. doing.
- ●Measures for food loss
Many food losses are generated at hotels such as banquets and breakfast buffets. Therefore, we are making efforts to minimize it.
For example, a morning and afternoon buffet. Not a full buffet, the main buffet is a half buffet style that is made after being ordered. We use ingredients such as rice, miso soup, and salad that are not lost in a buffet. The food loss other than the food left by the customer is almost zero by this.
●Call for eco-cleaning for consecutive guests
For guests staying in a row, we ask you to skip the replacement of sheets and linens if you wish. As a result, it is possible to contribute to the environment by suppressing the use of organic detergents, etc. generated during cleaning.
Disposal of restaurant chopsticks, cardboard and waste oil used in our hotel, plastic bottles and aluminum cans used by customers are separated and collected by recycling companies.
By these efforts
We received commendation from Okayama City as 2012 Okayama City business system waste reduction, resources promotion promotion excellent company.
●Menu development using Okayama Jibie meat
Many birds and beasts have been damaged in Okayama Prefecture, and recently, not only damage to cultivated land but also humans has become more and more serious.The captured deer and wild boar are discarded, but we are promoting their reuse.It conveys the deliciousness of Okayama Jibie and at the same time contributes to ensuring a sustainable consumption production form.
●Art creation with broken tatami mats
Kurashiki collaboration with Takada Textile Co., Ltd., a tatami rim maker located in Kojima, Kurashiki City, we provided the company's tatami rim breakage material and made it an art to decorate rooms and corridors.By making the best use of what we throw away, we have made it possible for customers to experience Okayama's special products.(Exhibited in guest rooms and corridors on the 9th floor)
- ●"Okayama Shokukatsu"Okayama Shokukatsu up with local food producers
We will tie up with Okayama producers and introduce delicious Okayama ingredients to hotel guests from all over the country.We call this “Okayama Shokukatsu, ” which Okayama Shokukatsu us an opportunity to learn about the goodness and deliciousness of Okayama.In June 2020, we launched a crowdfunding project in collaboration with Tomori Sake Brewery, a sake brewery in the prefecture, and raised funds to use it as operating funds for the "Kids dining room".
●Cooperation with the region through the development and sale of original ethical products
We are promoting the development and sale of original ethical products with the concept of "products that are friendly to the people who make them, the earth, the environment, and society."We would like to work with local companies, NPOs, employment support facilities, etc. to increase the number of items and deliver kindness to the home.Part of the sales of this product will be used as a source of support for children and child-rearing.
- ●Supporting rehabilitation by shortening the hiring of mothers who are raising children and hiring elderly people
I am working in a short time for my mom who is raising children and wants to return to work. This gives them confidence in their work. If there is further hope, we will be promoted to regular employees. The hotel is registered as an Okayama child-rearing support company in Okayama Prefecture.
In addition, we are open to the elderly with abundant social experience, and we are leading young staff with the experience and knowledge we have cultivated so far, such as maintenance in this facility and parking lot reception.
●Providing a place for people with disabilities and international students to play an active role
We have people with disabilities design the packaging of our original products.By doing so, I get the joy of living and the feeling that working is useful to the world.
We also plan events to let foreign students know the wonderfulness of their own country and provide a place for students to actively participate in social and corporate activities.
※The picture below shows the original product designed by a person with a disability and an event to introduce Vietnamese food made by Vietnamese students.
- Practicing SDGs by holding regular in-house study sessions and bottom-upOur company holds in-house study sessions and Tokume morning assembly using teaching materials to foster the four powers required for work: human power, gratitude, work power, and thinking power.In this way, we aim to improve services by promoting basic knowledge and self-growth not only as a hotel man but also as a member of society.In addition, we invite outside lecturers once a month to check and advise on SDGs initiatives, which not only spreads SDGs within the company, but also evolves into a bottom-up company-wide business. ..
Won the Okayama SDGs Award 2021 ☆ 彡
- This time, our hotel was able to win the Okayama SDGs Award 2021.
This award is an annual award sponsored by the Okayama Roundtable Conference, which consists of governments such as Okayama Prefecture, Okayama City, Kurashiki City, Maniwa City, Nishiawakura Village, schools such as Okayama University, and companies such as banks and newspaper companies.
We received applications from 60 organizations such as companies, schools, and local governments, and we are grateful that you chose us.
The award ceremony was held under the watchful eye of many guests, including the Deputy Governor of Okayama Prefecture, the Mayor of Okayama, the Okayama City of Kurashiki, and the representative secretary of the Keizai Doyukai.
It is a great honor for us to recognize our efforts in this way, and I hope that it will be a little lighter for the accommodation and tourism industry, which is suffering from the corona disaster.
We will continue to devote ourselves in collaboration with many people and groups, so we look forward to working with you.May the circle of compassion spread.
※Please also see the photo below as it is a slide type.